RENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for choosing Hendricks Property Management, LLC. Before applying, we feel it is necessary you are made fully aware of our application process and screening criteria.
Hendricks Property Management, LLC is committed to equal housing and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We do not discriminate against race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, nationality, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
Please have the following items ready to submit with your application:
- Valid Government issued photo ID
- Two months of verifiable income. (i.e. Paystubs, bank statements, tax returns for self-employed applicants)
- A photo of each pet occupying the property
- $60 Non-refundable application fee, per person, for anyone 18 and over living in the home
- Security deposit, which is usually equal to one month’s rent (please contact our office to verify deposit, if needed)
*****If you submit your payment via credit card or bank draft and your application is declined or withdrawn, it will take 7 business days from the date the payment was made to refund your security deposit. The deposit will be refunded to you in check form and can be mailed to you or picked up at our office.
*****All supporting documents can be sent to email@example.com. The application process takes 3-5 business days to complete.
Payments can be made by check, cashier’s check, money order, online credit/debit card payment ($25 transaction fee), or EFT bank draft.
The following knowledge will be needed:
- Current and previous resident addresses with contact information (i.e. phone number) for landlord for the last 2 years
- Current and Previous Employer contact information, start dates, and salary for the last 2 years
- Emergency contact information and dependents.
Stop!! We do not pre-screen applications. Applicants are required to pre-screen themselves with the following criteria and will need to meet the requirements below.
Approval is based on the following factors:
- Income Verification
- Employment Verification and History
- Rental Verification and History
- Credit History
- Pet Criteria
- Criminal Background Check
- Identification- Each applicant is required to provide a copy of a valid government issued photo ID. Non-US citizens’ will need valid passport government issued ID along with a visa that is valid for the length of your proposed lease agreement.
- Income Verification- Applicants should have income that equals at least 3 times the monthly rent. Acceptable sources for providing verification are: Pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank statements. Self-employed applicants must provide most recent tax return and at least 3 months’ bank statements.
- Employment Verification and History- We require verifiable employment history for the past 2 years with the same employer. If you have employment less than 2 years, you will need to provide previous employer information. You must be a permanent employee. If military, we need a copy of your LES. If active military, please provide your assignment orders.
- Rental Verification and History- We require verifiable residence history for at least 2 years whether you own or rent. Applicants are required to provide proper contact information and lease dates for all residences for the past 2 years or more. Rental history must be verified by unbiased sources and cannot be from family or friends. Ownership will be verified on your current credit report.
ANY PREVIOUS EVICTIONS OR OPEN BALANCES WITH ANOTHER LANDLORD, WILL BE GROUNDS FOR AUTOMATIC DENIAL. ANY BANKRUPTCIES NEED TO BE DISCUSSED BEFORE APPLYING.
- Credit History- A hard credit check will be obtained on each applicant by Hendricks Property Management, LLC. Credit history should show the resident has history of paying bills, with low write offs and collections. Money owed to another landlord will result in denial.
- Pet Criteria- Pet policies vary with one property owner to another. Please contact Hendricks Property Management, LLC for specific pet information on the property you are interested in. Most Homeowner Insurance Companies do not allow certain breeds. The following breed, purebred or mixed, will not be accepted: Akita, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Presa Canario, Pit bull, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Wolf hybrid, or any mix of the above breeds.
Any misrepresentation of pets will be grounds for eviction.
You must provide current pictures for each pet living at the property.
- Criminal Background Check- Hendricks Property Management, LLC will perform a background check on all applicants, which includes nationwide criminal search, sex offense, and terrorist database check. Criminal backgrounds with felonies need to be discussed with Hendricks Property Management, LLC prior to applying.
Deposit and Fees:
- Non-Refundable Application fee: $60
- Refundable Security Deposit: Usually equal to one month’s rent. Contact the office for information.
- Lease preparation fee: $60
- Renewal admin fee (for preparation of lease renewal and property walkthrough): $45
- Non-refundable Pet application fee (per pet): $250
Hendricks Property Management, LLC makes no express of implied warranties as to the property’s condition. Please list in the application any requests for the landlord to consider regarding repairs.
Things to know before applying:
Hendricks Property Management, LLC conducts periodic property evaluations on the property which can include taking interior and exterior pictures. This is not something that can be negotiated and will be performed per the owner’s request.
The lease agreement gives Hendricks Property Management, LLC the authority to place a sign and lockbox at the home during the last 30 days of the lease. You will be required to allow showings of the home to licensed real estate agents and their clients. If you would like to opt out of showings, you must pay a fee of one month’s rent.
Hendricks Property Management, LLC will make our best effort to ensure accurate information is provided when describing our properties. Please note, changes do take place and applicants should verify all details (i.e. schools, pet restrictions, etc.). Property listings do not guarantee information provided.
A lease renewal fee will be collected annually. When signing the lease renewal and returning it to Hendricks Property Management, you must provide this lease renewal fee of $45 for lease renewal preparation and property walkthrough.
Notice to all Applicants: NO SMOKING is permitted inside the home or garage.
Rental properties can only be held for 2 weeks. Residents moving in before the 20th of the month will pay prorated rent for that month. Residents moving in on or after the 20th will need to pay the prorated rent and next month’s rent at move in.
To continue with this application, you will need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge acceptance of its terms.
Signing this application (electronic or paper) indicates the applicant has had the opportunity to review the above rental application procedures, has reviewed the sample lease agreement and the lease video posted on http://sarents.com/tenant-information, and understands providing inaccurate, misleading or false information can result in denial of application.
****If misrepresentations are found after the lease, the lease agreement will be terminated.